Friday, May 6, 2011

If cramming a lot of crap into a small space was an Olympic event...

I'd be a gold metal contender. 

This will probably be my last blog post before I get on a plane.  I'll be in DC on Monday afternoon and plan on checking into my hotel, dumping my stuff and exploring until I can't explo no mo. Tuesday I'll be attending my staging event to get a brief introduction to the PC, meet some other volunteers that will be leaving around the same time and making sure all of my paperwork and passports are in order.  Before staging, I plan on waking up early to go check out the Smithsonian. I've never been to DC before so I'm hoping to walk down and see as much as I can in the little time that I have. Im up 15th St, about 5 or 6 blocks north of the White House so I couldn't have asked for a better central location. I will be checking out of my hotel around 2 on Wednesday morning, be at the airport ready to rock at 3:30 am and flying down to my new home at 6:05. So crazy.

I'll be bounced around from location to location once I get to Nicaragua but if you would like to contact me, my training address will be:

Ryan Hubbard, PCT
Voluntario del Cuerpo de Paz
Apartado Postal 3256
Managua, Nicaragua
Central America

I guess relative to most host countries, Nicaragua's mail system is fairly dependable. It usually take 2 weeks for airmail to arrive in NIC, although it does get broken in to a lot. If you send anything valuable or more than 2 lbs down there, you can pretty much guarantee that it will be 'investigated'. 

I hope to update you again soon. Thank you for your interest in my travels. I love you all. See you on the other side! 

1 comment:

  1. Aw man, I guess I'll have to cancel that plan to send you an oversized novelty $10,000 bill.

    ReplyDelete